May 8, 2008

Celebrating Life's Changes

Tonight was a reminder of change as one of life's great constants. I went to an event hosted by Clean Fuels Ohio celebrating their new office space. I've known Sam, the executive director of the organization, since I started working in the energy field. I was one of the founding board members when the organization left the umbrella of the City. Smart, careful and savvy, I was always impressed with his courage. Also there was Mary, the first person I hired while working at Ohio Energy Project. Energetic, brilliant and young, Mary had a maturity that made her a a pleasure to work with. She was there with her daughter...just a few months old. I haven't seen Mary in a couple of years, although we've been in constant contact.

I have known them both for nearly 10 years.

She said after the hugs, "you look exactly the same." I do, mostly, but there are many changes. I looked at her, and aside from the new baby, she looked the same as I remembered...now, in her mid-30s. And Sam -- his first baby was born after we met...now nearly 10 years old. He still looks the same, except now he and his wife Betsy are wonderful parents with great boys.

I look at us all. All the same. All completely different. All becoming amazing human beings in manifesting our potential. All being exactly who we always knew we could be. All changed. All creating stories with futures of infinite possibility.

I am so proud of us all.

No comments: