June 2, 2008

support

They say you need a good bra in order to "keep the girls up where they should be," to keep them from sagging down to your navel, to keep you looking young and perky for as long as possible.  Now I have nothing against youth, but sometimes I wonder about these expensive, short lived, often impractical and frequently uncomfortable torture devices.  On an average day, wearing a high-quality well-fitting bra, I will reach under my shirt to pull up my bra straps dozens of times. The material wears out quickly, which often can just mean that those girls are going on a southward road trip; however, occasionally that ever present underwire breaks and begins its slow descent into breast tissue...usually while at work and in a silk blouse.


Anyway, today I was wrapping up a shopping trip at the pet supply store...locating my purchase, my car keys...my sunglasses...where are those sunglasses? "Oh, here they are."  Between my cleavage with one earpiece neatly tucked in and secured by the center part of the underwire.

Yes, at 42 I have finally discovered the very best use of that damned underwire:

It is a secure location to hold those pesky reading glasses.  It works for sunglasses, too.


1 comment:

Madeline2000 said...

Pretty damn funny!

I enjoyed that very much!