June 4, 2008

Importance of Discernment

I met Bob Kobet at 7 a.m. this morning for our drive to Cincinnati...Bob self-described NPR junkie and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Did you hear the news?"  It was about the current status of the democratic candidate for President.  We talked about Hillary and Barack.  I explained that I strongly, perhaps viscerally, dislike Hillary.  As I began describing my issue with her (another topic for another day) and thinking about why it was so strangely clear for me, I realized that I perceive her as infinitely selfish.  She is selfish to her own detriment.  She is selfish to the point that she lacks connection to what anyone else wants or needs.  She is selfish to the point that she has no discernment for what is in the greatest good. 


That goes for the status of our democratic nominee for President.

That goes for her relationship with her husband.

That goes for this country.

I am relieved to read that she will concede.  Our President needs to feel connected to us; to the world.  Our President needs to be able to discern what truly is for the greatest good; what is for his or her own good.

No comments: