August 12, 2008

New

I'm grateful for a restful and loving weekend. It was rejuvenating...and a good preemptive measure for today's activity -- golf.

Yes, you read that. GOLF

Today, I played my first round of golf. All 18 holes with a group of guys from the office. How much practice did I have? Well, not much. I bought my clubs on August 2nd and went to the driving range that day. I'm told that I am not the "best student." A little difficult...not serious enough. I went to the driving range a week later...and today: Out with the guys.

I must be honest, I've been to the driving range twice before -- about 8 years ago. Nothing before, nothing since. That is until August.

How about that? I did well...considering. I actually did poorly, though I had an occasional good shot. I also contributed to our "success" in the scramble. I was grateful for the kindness and support of my team. I'm not really much worse for the wear either.

Except that 9 inch welt on my left shin from falling into an unmarked drain pipe near our very first tee. Hurts like you wouldn't believe. I limped a bit, but I played and quickly forgot about it.

Now that I think about it, I think I'll go nurse my injury with a bag of peas.

No comments: