August 9, 2008

Long Week

One EcoCharrette, 2 days of eQUEST training, 1 LEED for Existing Buildings Technical Review, 1 meeting with design principles, 1 meeting with a school district whose design team that is obstreperously struggling with all that we ask of them. Over 500 miles driven; 55 hours of work. I haven't seen my desk since last week. In between the meetings and miles traveled, I've scheduled myself other weeks similar to this.

The question in my mind is: As things get going -- they are just starting to get busy -- will I do well? Will I find a way to enjoy the travel, provide compassionate guidance and direction to the concerned design teams and school districts, focus on my continued growth and find ways to nurture myself?

Or will I simply endure traveling, provide instructions, read white papers and recover from exhaustion?

The second option doesn't seem like much of a life, but it does reflect what most people offer themselves. It doesn't seem like a life that I would take much pride in or wish to share.

I surely hope that doesn't become me. I feel awfully tired.

1 comment:

Madeline2000 said...

If you are truly committed to helping the schools - and I know you are - you will be motivated to helping them. Wherever the passion, it transgresses through the toughest of times.

You will, as always, shine bright!