July 29, 2008

Imperfect

“[The grade of] ‘A’ is a possibility to live in to, not a standard to live up to.” ~ Rosamund Stone Zander

The biggest lesson I continually learn about myself is about my ability to learn and grow...more precisely and honestly I am reminded of my need to learn and grow. My work, friends, animals, family, neighbors, community, house, car...all keep reminding me: "you might be alright, and you still have a tremendous amount of learning to do."

Like my colleague Rob's HUGE puppy (85 pounds at six months) growing hurts. It exhausts me. It takes all of the energy I have; yet somehow it brings me more:

More joy; more love; more patience; more compassion.

I don't believe in grade inflation. Right now, I would grade myself about average. Average for me. I've done better; I've done worse.

That would be a 'C'.

What I like about that is it gives me tremendous room for improvement.

No comments: