May 23, 2010

Lush

It's a beautiful Sunday morning.  I'm sitting in my teeny back yard listening to the sound of birds chirping guarding what might be dozens of nests in this small space.  I hear the flow of water in my small pond and listen to the sounds of the city going by.

I'm told the irony of this early spring is the deep snowfall we had on the ground until mid-March.  It kept the ground insulated at around 32 degrees while the temperatures fell into the single digits at night during late winter.  Everything is green and lush in it's late spring beauty bringing new life and growth into this world as we move into summer.

In the cacophony of life, there is a stillness that is unmistakable.

I feel much the same way:

insulated by the quiet and unrelenting winter snowfall
growing in to this stronger and healthier body
breathing life into what is next
feeling a part of the lushness of life


with gifts of great peace and stillness.

.earth.air.fire.water.

No comments: