November 27, 2008

Unexpected Blessings

While talking with my Mother last night, we spent time discussing the last 5 years -- from Columbus, to Cleveland and back to Columbus.

Moving from Columbus to Cleveland with Michael being so very sick was hard. At the same time he found himself -- actually, we found ourselves -- among a group of friends who accepted him and excepted and loved him unconditionally despite his illness. He could be who he was to be nurtured and heal to the best of his ability in the company of true friends. We didn't have that in Columbus.

Moving back to Columbus was hard. I had to leave our house, my friends, my comfort zone to come back to a place that had become unknown. What I found here was new work, wonderful friends, and unconditional love. I have entered a world where people love me despite where I've been and for the difficulties I've faced. Had I stayed in Cleveland, I wouldn't have had this opportunity to heal without all of the baggage I collected while there.

It's an amazing life that buoys us all in support -- even in the darkest moments and most difficult choices in our lives.

With great gratitude for it all on this Thanksgiving...Wishing everyone a beautiful holiday season and a year where we all have the gift of offering thanks every day.

1 comment:

Jack said...

We can only be grateful for every ounce of support, no matter what the conditions of our life are.