April 17, 2008

Welcome

It has been a while since my last post. I've had alot of trouble figuring out a name; a theme; a title...and then last night I was listening to Cake while driving and heard the line "the ornaments are pretty, but they're pulling down the branches of the tree," and it struck a chord.

We live our lives superimposing our need for beauty and wealth over that for health.

My hope would be in this blog we can talk about life as it is and find our own paths to great joy.

Namaste

2 comments:

Jack said...

I like the idea of pulling down the branches as the process at harvest of pulling in abundance from orchards. It's careful, gentle action, a wonderful metaphor for receiving the gifts of others, community, and the earth.

Elaine said...

I like them both...pulling down the branches should be a gentle action and should support abundance.