October 28, 2008

The End of Procrastination

There comes a point in time when most people move through the level of maturity knowing meeting obligations brings pleasure. There comes that point in time where maturity allows for prioritization over procrastination; where the dull fear of outcome is overcome by the simple need to release the burden of the act of completing the task.

There comes a time when you just do it and you do it well.

My time is now. It has taken only 42 years and a great deal of learning to get to the point where I have faith in myself to just do it, to take care of business, to meet my obligations (specifically to myself).

I have a tinge of envy when I meet young people who seem always to meet deadlines and who take on responsibilities seemingly beyond their years. Interesting that our different stories we had about ourselves as children must have impacted our ability to be on point, on deadline and on time. The legacy of my childhood allowed me to always show in emergency, I have learned to show up reliably for other people.

Today my story creates the structure to show up for myself.

No comments: